2019 Thru-hike ECT

Hello everyone! I am planning a really long thru-hike for next year. I have my gear already but I need some advice on how to get to where I’m going. I plan to start a SOBO trip of the ECT to include the Newfoundland/Labrador section starting in Crow head and ending in Port aux Basques. From there I want to take a ferry to North Sydney, Nova Scotia. After I finish the Nova Scotia section, I need to find my way to the Gaspe Peninsula to start my long hike to the Florida Keys. I live in southern Alabama and have never traveled outside of the country before so I’m looking for some guidance. I have found a few flights that can get me to Deer Lake, Newfoundland but does anyone know a good way to get to the northern terminus from there? Also, once I have finished the section in Nova Scotia, whats a good way to get to the Gaspe Peninsula lighthouse to start my “mainland” portion of my hike. I plan to fly from Atlanta airport on June 13th 2019. I know this puts my hiking through winter in the lower states but I’m fine with that.

Also, what is a good place to find detailed trail maps and information about permits?

Thanks for your time.