Anyone else thru hiking LT

imported

Was planning on Thru hiking Long Trail starting in the beginning of June, north to south. Anyone else plan on starting around then that wants to start a group?

Otis_Hiker

Hopefully going in Sept when the bugs are gone. Skeeters in June are going to be tough, but have fun.

BW

also going in sept.when the leaves are turning,and the bugs aren’t so bad…happy trails

old school

Is that Old School from the PCT in 2007?

Scatman

…and is that Old School in his home-made mocs from AT 2005?

fishngame

I’m likely going SOBO in August.

pedxing

I’m Old School from GAME '06

old school

I went SOBO for a few weeks last september. I started a bout 10 days too eairly to catch the foliage change. Should have gone about the middle of the month.

mark schofield

I’ll doing the LT in July 2010 with my wife. Did it SOBO in 2003 but this will be a NOBO trip.

bamboo bob

Driving out from Michigan and starting a northbound thru hike in early July. Plan to leave car near southern trail start and hitchhike back to car when done. Looking for anyone who might be doing a similar hike to do some coordinating of cars to avoid hitchhiking back south.

Cicely Brookover

I will be heading out Aug or Sept Nobo. …I am coming from Alaska so hoping to catch more summer along the way. We get cold up here early. I have done it in 2 parts … along my AT hike and then sobo the 175 a few years later. What an awesome trail…

yappy

yappy, bushwhack and bramble all on the trail this fall??:cheers

neighbor

yikes ! I don’t know if i will survive another bramble encounter …:slight_smile:

yappy

different bramble. she’s nice, it’s her honey bushwhack ya gotz ta be careful of. right bushwhack??:wink:

neighbor

I will be leaving from Michigan as well in late June (somewhere after the 23rd). Plan on leaving my car in N Troy, hitching to Burlington, and taking a Greyhound to Williamstown. Then a nice easy walk back to my car :tongue

Shatluck