Boots waterproof or water resistant

Breathable water resistant rugged lightweight

I’m not an expert but I do know a good pair of boots when I lived. In them.

Another important thing no one seems to mention is socks. Merino wool accompanied with these boots will keep your feet dry and comfortable remove inserts at nigh to air out.

Semper fi, At about 3 pounds each, these would not exactly be my first choice for long distance hiking. At the end of a long day hiking the Appalachian Trail in heavy rain your feet will still be wet. I would be wet from presperation ant the wool socks would make it worse.

Do or die. back to you. I have had the pleasure of wearing these boots through rain creeks. Mud steep Rocky Terrain . no issues . actually held up pretty well and the weight really don’t feel that heavy. Just my point of view . Merino wool will actually keep your feet cool. I thought the same thing, would sweat .Not so .with Merino wool. PS those tanker boots are heavy :slight_smile:

I tend to go little haavy on everything. for 10 days my ruck weighs about 50 lbs,so a good sturdy boot is needed. Despite the look these boots are very lightweight . And I am sure not applicable for 90% of the people who hike. That’s all good whatever works for you . These serve me well. Ankles will thank you. Have been in the field many times with crappy rations I like to eat well my food for 10 days probably weighs 30 lb. Along with protein that I pack. I train legs hard so really not an issue With the weight…Even in PA where the region is very mountainous. I don’t win races,i cover about 10 clicks a day. But I get from point A to point B. Weighing the same or more as when I started. See a lot of malnourished people on the trail I’m not one of them. Have a great hike brother.Rahh!!