Florida Trail Project

imported

Hi. My name is Joel and I have begun an adventure to section hike the entire Florida Trail one weekend at a time. I have a website to document my adventures. If you would like to see videos and pictures or read blogs from the Florida Trail go to www.floridatrailproject.com . You can also email me at floridatrailproject@cox.net .

For those who have been to the site before, but not for awhile, there have been many additions to the site:

• Navigation menu to help make the website more “user friendly”
  • New videos and photos
  • “Bucket List” feature

Since I am only hiking on the weekends between October and April, I estimate that this adventure may take around 8 years to complete. Hopefully I will be able to see this adventure to its completion.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Joel (Trailname - Whitesnake)

Whitesnake

Dear Whitesnake:

Watch out for those giant (pets gone wild) snakes in the everglades.  I understand that some of them are estimated to be 15 feet and larger in length.  Fortunatly, their prefered diet are smaller mammals and birds but you could be on the menu if they are hungry enough.

stealthblew

Thanks for the advice. So far I have seen three snakes on the trail. One copperhead and two black racers.

Whitesnake

Hi, Joel…yr. fotos are great; quite thorough. To post to you I tried clickin’ on several icons on yr. “Proj” site, w/o luck but at least am glad can reach you this way.

1 tiny item of advice: I doubt you’ll need that bear spray in FL (& I’ve hiked its length & more).

Lookin’ fwd. to followin’ yr. progress and I hope you’ll share w/FTA at Conf. or at Chapters (go to FTA website)…oh yes, you described FTA as a private org., I’m not sure it’s quite that as it’s a 501-C3 public non-profit and open to the public, gladly.

Yrs. and Merry Christmas, Jon Phipps

jon phipps