Florida trail questions

imported
  1. How is the month of January to hike The Florida trail?
  2. Is there plenty of water in Jan.?
  3. Mail drops are there places to stop to resupply or is a long way off the trail?
  4. Is it easy to get to the trail head from the airport? (with a stop for fuel) Or can I mail a packed down with the things that they will not allow on the plane?
  5. what guide book would you suggest?

Thank you so much for your help.

POOH-BEAR

theres abook call “thur hiking the florida trail in 82days” or something like that.google it also go to www.floridatrail.org.hope this helps.:slight_smile:

wanderlust

I doubt there will be ashortage of water on the FT in January. A group will be leaving from the loop road trail head in January. Hope you can join us.

Paul

Check out MyFloridaHikes.com. There is a Long Distance forum where you can ask for help. There are a few trail angels along the way that can help with resupply, water, or shuttling. January is a good time to hike, but there may be sections that are dry. I suggest posting your hike and keeping a few contact numbers in case you need some trail magic. I am a trailmaster for FTA along the Kissimmee river and I am always willing to help or arrange for help in other sections. Have a great hike!

Happyfeet

…that was on the AT in ‘95 or ‘96, even practicin’ the 1 X in history concept of givin’ away food in the Smokies?

Plz. advise, good luck on yr. FT hike, and Merry Christmas, Rodknee Dangertrl.

jon phipps