Forming Small Group for 1 Week in July

imported

Hi, I know it’s far in advance but I’ve had trouble finding hiking partners in the past with only a few weeks to spare so here goes… I am planning on hiking sections 6, 7, and 8 in July. That’s about 70 miles and was going to take a week off from work. I’m flexible except for July 4th I must be at home for my anniversary. I’d like to have a group of 3-4 who are interested in going. Looking to do no more than 10-12 miles per day, and I will be stopping a bit to take lots of photos as I’m an amateur photographer in the making.

About me: 33 year old male, have done several hundreds miles on the A.T., and have hiked sections 1, 3-5 on the CT, so I’m experienced. I live in Denver and LOVE everything about Colorado! I am also up to meeting other folks to hike locally before July on some day trips here and there if interested. Feel free to reply to this post or reach me via email at bpowell1014 at gmail dot com

Thanks

ColoradoDoxen

Hi there, Check out “Colorado Trail Section Hikers” on Facebook. You may find hiking partners there. Additionally, do you belong to any hiking/backpacking meetup groups? If so, you can request the Organizer/Group Owner to make you an Event Host, and set up a meetup backpacking trip for this stretch of the CT. There is a fair amount of interest out there, but not everyone checks out this web site.

Gummi Bear