Hitchhiking to northern terminus

imported

Has anyone successfully hitched from Littleton, NH, to the northern terminus (or thereabouts)? I’m thinking of taking the bus from Boston to Littleton, and hitching north from there (since there’s no public transportation to North Troy). Would that be easier (or no more difficult than) hitching north from Montpelier? If anyone knows, or has alternative suggestions for getting up to the northern terminus, please weigh in.

Hmmm

i’d say Littleton.The bus stop there is the last easiest gas station(easiest=closest to interstate)to the Border besides Newport /Derby so catching a Canadian driver is easier.A lot of traffic also heads up to Newport until fishing ends.From Newport it would be easier to get a hitch to N.Troy.Planning on this year?Foliage right around the corner,so lots of traffic!:cheers

amigo

I had a friend a few years back finish his AT thru hike @ Katahdin and within a day or two caught a hitch to the northern term of the LT (with a dog!)! So anything is possible.

Bluebearee

Thanks, amigo and Bluebearee. It looks like I won’t need to hitchhike–I’ve accepted a ride offer.

Hmmm