How do I get to North Adams, Massachusetts?

imported

Hello:
I am in California and would like to hike a segment starting in North Adams, next to the Massachusetts/Vermont border. Any idea how do I get there? Thank you.
Julio

Julio

From Logan Airport take a T train or bus to South Station and I think you can get a bus to North Adams. The public transportation on the east coast sucks compared to the west coast so it may take a little research to figure this out.

Big B

Fly into to Albany. The ATC has a shuttle list with names of drivers from North Adams area. Otherwise, take Amtrak from Albany to Pittsfield, then take the Berkshire RTA from Pittsfield to North Adams. You could also take several days via Amtrak.

Tom Moylan

Assume you’re hiking north on the AT/LT. There is good bus service in the area - North Adams is just a few miles south of Bennington Vt with local service between the two towns so either should work.

Try this website to help you out - //www.connectingcommuters.org/bus-info/city-to-city/

Just Another Hiker

Assume you’re hiking north on the AT/LT. There is good bus service in the area - North Adams is just a few miles south of Bennington Vt with local service between the two towns so either should work.

Try this website to help you out - //www.connectingcommuters.org/bus-info/city-to-city/

Just Another Hiker

If you can make it New York City from California, you then can take a bus to Williamstown, Massachusetts which is the same starting point as North Adams.
Contact Peter Pan Bus Lines at www.peterpanbus.com
They have multiple trips most days running from New York City to Williamstown that will drop you off within 2 or 3 miles of the trail. I have used this bus twice.
I used this bus to get to the trail last March.
Price: about $50 dollars.

Krummholz Zone