How long? - Appalachian Trail

imported

How long did it take you to hike from spring to dicks creek? And is that w/ or without the approach and how many 0 days. Ty and yes I know it doesnt matter how long it takes but I need to know how many days to take off work.

Studyguide

Assuming you’re meaning Springer Mountain to Dicks Creek Gap…

From Springer to Dicks Creek Gap (66.8 trail miles for me during Year 2000) took me 7 days with a 37.5 pound backpack (weighed at the Approach Trail weigh-in) starting from the top of Springer Mountain on a gorgeous sunny morning April 10, 2000 arriving at Dicks Creek Gap on a sunny evening about 6:30pm April 16th. I had a nero in there someplace I think. Nero meaning…a nap turned into a snooze and then wow I have got to get hiking surprise of the day.

Datto

It took me about seven days as well, no zero days. I hiked about ten miles per day from the top of Springer Mt (I was with a group of four people), with the last day only being about five miles.

Bear Bag Hanger

My husband and I hiked the GA section from Springer to Bly Gap over a 3 day 4th of July weekend a couple of years ago. Our packs weighed about 13 lbs without food/water and about 17 lbs with food/water.

TMD

I plan on making the same hike at the end of March. I am leaving Springer on a Saturday, and plan on getting to Dicks Creek on the following Saturday. No zeros.

Jeff