How to make spaghetti from ramen

imported

I have been trying to find different flavor packets at the store but have been unsuccessful. I would like to make basic spaghetti using ramen. In other words, throw out the pork/beef flavor pack and add some form of tomato flavoring to make spaghetti. I have tried several items with no luck so far. Any suggestions???

Thanks a bunch

Hiker Guy

Buy yourself a tube of tomato paste and a shaker of basic Italian spices. Cook your Ramen and set aside. Make your sauce using paste, water, some olive oil, spices (add in chopped onions and garlic if you have it) and pour over your noodles. Easy peasy!

Woody

I guess it is the tomato paste in a tube that I have not seen, at least in a store. That is a start. I do carry the water, but not the olive oil, spices or onions and garlic, but that all sounds good.

Thanks for your help.

Hiker Guy

The tube of tomato paste is easily found in most supermarkets or WalMart. As for the other items like oil, you may have to figure a way to pack along a small plastic bottle of it, as well as the spices, or choose not to have spaghetti. I pack along olive oil to make up hummus from powder.

Woody