I Need a watch - similar to GPS tracking

imported

With all of the smart watches out there today, I am looking for a watch where those back home can track my movement. I know there are GPS watches for running and other similar GPS tracking. However, I am looking for a watch where, as noted, those at home can track my movement.

Any thoughts???

Thanks,
Hiker guy

Hiking guy

Pocket EPIRB (REsQLink) is $235. It’s better than Spot because what if you need help and no one notices you are a mile off the trail? With an EPIRB, you decide when to send a signal for help

Lawnchair

If you are taking a smart phone why not just use that…it tells time and date and your friends and family can use the app that tracks you using your phone’s 911 locater. Life360 Set it up on your phone and then give the password to friends…they get the app too and can follow you. (you can follow your kids too and it doesn’t notify them that you are checking on them like some other apps do!)FREE

Pokeymom

I asked for and received the DeLorme InReach for Christmas. It is similar to Spot, but I wanted this one because I can have to option to also use it to send texts. There are various data plans available–the more you pay, the more options, the more tracking points, etc. I will be using it on hikes this spring but expect it to be able to send my hubby and mom my location as often as I choose. It uses satellite technology for access, so I expect it to be more reliable than my iPhone, which I found had gross lack of coverage when I hiked in 2013. FYI–DeLorme was just purchased by Garmin.

ShootingStar

I asked for and received the DeLorme InReach for Christmas. It is similar to Spot, but I wanted this one because I can have to option to also use it to send texts. There are various data plans available–the more you pay, the more options, the more tracking points, etc. I will be using it on hikes this spring but expect it to be able to send my hubby and mom my location as often as I choose. It uses satellite technology for access, so I expect it to be more reliable than my iPhone, which I found had gross lack of coverage when I hiked in 2013. FYI–DeLorme was just purchased by Garmin.

ShootingStar