Intro - Pi and Patriot Shuttle

Hey. I’m a section hiker from northern VA and plan to hike 200 miles in 2019. I also operate a shuttle services and volunteer at SNP. Let me know if you need updates/info on the AT from Waynesboro VA to Harper’s Ferry, WV. Hike on and have fun!

Hi! Patriot,
What can you tell me about a shuttle from the closest major airport to SNP? Planning on starting next year from Rockfish Gap, hiking North. Flying in from Columbus, OH
Thanks!

Hi! You can fly into Dulles International Airport (IAD) in Chantilly VA or into Richmond International Airport (RIC) in Richmond VA. Below is some info to consider:

• IAD to Rockfish Gap is 152 miles, about 2 hours and 30 minutes, shuttle cost approx. $190 one way

• RIC to Rockfish Gap is 105 miles, about 2 hours and 20 minutes, shuttle cost approx. $160 one way

I can help get you from either arport to Rockfish Gap and return to the airport after your hike. I’m very familiar with SNP and am glad to share what I know. You can call me at 571 236 4161 if you like.

Take care!

Thank you very much Patriot for the information, I’ll take it under consideration in the event I can’t get anything lined up in the way of a ride out there.
I have logged your phone number also, and do appreciate it. Perhaps when the time gets closer, I’ll reach out in conversation with you.
Thanks again!!