LED - The Long Trail - Vermont

imported

which is the best LED flash light?

superbright

Are you asking about a headlamp or hand held unit? I carry 2 Photon Freedom lights, one white and one red. They weigh .24oz each (sans lanyard/clip). I use the red one to prevent blinding myself unnecessarily. They can be dimmed and have a number of different emergency signaling modes. I attach them as well as a whistle and swiss army classic knife on my emergency lanyard which is secured on a belt loop on my pants. If your planning on hiking at night or are setting up camp in the dark a headlamp may be a better choice. I have a Black Diamond 3AA unit but have rarely used it. I find the photon pumps out light to do and in the dark chores-YMMV There are lots of reviews on for various headlamps on the net.

Still Lookin

I subscribe to the simplicity principle. Petzl’s Tikka has never failed me once. Light, compact, and without all of the disco-ball/multi-strobe settings other fancier models offer, the batteries last forever.

Matt

Let me agree with Matt about the Tikka. If you are buying a new one, may I suggest the Tikka 2 Plus which will take lithium batteries. These are longer lasting as well as a bit lighter. :tongue

Lady Di

How about the flashlight in besthongkong.com? I found there has few and it seems ok…

superbright

I also agree with the petzl philosophy. The tikka xp is my favorite!

canyonman