Lookin to sec hike washinton and Oregon

imported

I have my backpack with me just about ever trip but drive semi so getting out to trailheads is hard from bend portland and seattle areas for me do anyone have ideas. Also good weekin hike up there have some ideas did mount Adam two summer ago

rick kinser

Not sure i completely follow, but if i were you my first stop would be Snoqualmie Pass. It’s a big ski area that’s pretty empty in summer with places to park a rig. Hike either direction and you get great stuff for a few days. If you go north, you can return via the low route (Goldmyer Hot Springs) and make a spectacular loop of about a week or so, ending up back at your truck.

If you’re just going to have a couple days, maybe try White Pass south and return the way you came. Another great section.

markv

If your’e in Oregon, try parking in Sisters and hiking either north from Santiam Pass or south from MacKenzie Pass. It will require a hitchhike to get to those places, since i’m pretty sure there’s no place to leave a truck.

markv

There are buses from Portland to Bend & from Portland [via Vancouver, Wa] to Bridge of the Gods. AMTRAK has a bus that stops at Stevens Pass. There used to be King County buses that went from Seattle to Snoqualmie Pass —maybe that’s just seasonal. I think Greyhound still has flag stops in the area. Washington Trails Assoc. may still have a shuttle that would help in that area also.

Rosy Eagle