Looking for Simon from England

imported

Greetings:

I had the pleasure of meeting a dozen or so of you, both southbound and northbound, while spending most of the past summer in the Bob. Some of the trailnames I recall are “Flyby”, “Pacer” and “Burrito”. I was the old guy with a white beard wearing a “Cal” hat. Then, at the very end of the season, I’m driving along Highway 43 near Wisdom MT and see “Burlywhites” trucking along the blacktop, having been snowed out of one of the most beautiful parts of the trail. He had come all the way back to do the section he’s missed when he attended his sister’s wedding. My hat is off to all of you for your determination and persistence. I regret that so many of you missed out on the Chinese Wall -including several I met coming over White River Pass who turned out to have been only a day or two ahead of the trail reopening.

I was hoping to hear from the tall English guy in his 50’s named Simon (pretty sure he didn’t use a trailname) who was southbound, but he apparently lost my contact info, as he was afraid he might.

So I thought I’d put up a post to congratulate you all and see if anyone can help me connect with Simon.

Thanks,

Jim Murphy

Jim Murphy

We saw Simon for about 5 minutes in Cuba NM @Sep.9th.

Macon

I was thinking he might have finished even earlier than that. He did 33(!) miles the day before I met him.

Jim Murphy