New Guthook CT app now available

imported

I just spent hours with the new Guthook app trying to crash it or find something wrong. I am happy to report that I was not successful at doing that. The new app is awesome. All the resupply towns close to the trail are now clearly identified - should be great for planning as well as on the trail.

If you already have the app, the upgrade is free. When you upgrade, be sure to set all the subsets up as well. There are different maps for Collegiate West, bicycle route, Collegiate Loop, and the main CT route. Make sure you download the maps and photos for all of them when you are setting things up via wifi. If you just set up the main trail you will not get the CW, the loop, or the bike route.

On my IPhone, the upgrade was almost automatic. When I selected the old app, the new one installed and ran a tutorial somewhat automatically. Not so on my IPad. On it I had to delete the old program then go to the Apple Store to download the new version. That worked perfectly.

One change from the old version is that the little dots for mile markers are no longer present. Instead, touching the track line will pop up a small window detailing your exact mileage. Trail features are still shown as before, but the map is less cluttered now, which is nice considering the small size of the phone screen.

Bearcreek

How do I download it?

Julio

Search in either the Google store or Apple Store for “The Colorado Trail Hiker”

Bearcreek