November Section Hike

imported

My Husband and I are trying to plan a 3 day (25ish miles) section hike on the AT at the end of November. We were looking at the Smokies, but were advised against that because of the possibility of bad snow storms and below freezing temps. We have set our sites on Georgia instead, but I am having trouble finding what part of the 70 some odd miles we should choose. Does anyone have any suggestions or information? I would really appreciate some advice or what publication to get in order to make the best decision.

Thanks in advance!

CatReus

For sure, try Davenport Gap to Hot Springs. This is the 3 day section just north of the smokies. It goes over Max Patch which can have spectacular views in November. email me for more info

angel apple

Consider Amicalola Falls States Park to Neels Gap. About 38 miles. You can begin at Springer if you want to shorten it. The Park is a safe place to leave your vehicle and I can shuttle you back or pick you up along the way if issues arise. Springer Summit and Blood Mountain would be the highlights. Subman and Suds (Also just started a shuttle service) Happy Trails

_Subman _

I am looking for some assistance. I am starting the AT in sections and I don’t even know if ill last 2 days. where can I find numbers to shuttles or hostels or any assistance on trying to do a section from springer.

jerry walters