Osprey or ULA Backpack?

imported

I have brand new packs, a “EXOS 48” Osprey and the “Circuit” ULA. Any thoughts or comment on which one I should use for my AT Thru-Hike next year?
I started last year with a Granite Gear “Crown V.C. 60”, but it didn’t carry my load very well, I found myself fighting my pack a lot and had lower back and right shoulder pain. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Gorp-Gobbler

Aaron pack. Hiked JMT with one last year. Best design ever for multiple reasons.

Jerry

I vote for Osprey I have two like them better then my ULA.

Richard

I have used an Osprey Atmos 65 for many years. loved it. Had to retire it. Starting the PCT in April with the ULA Circuit. I think the Osprey works for the AT and I’m told the Circuit is great for the PCT. We shall see.

Boomer

I have a Osprey exos 48 also and torn between it and a ZPacks I just bought for my thru next year. Leaning towards the Osprey, little more room and weight stays on my hips better. 1 pound heavier than zpacks. Time will tell but the Osprey is winning out. Got it free at Traildays cause I worn out old Osprey. Can’t beat there warranty.

Subman

I’ve appreciated all of the feedback so far. I think the Osprey will be my choice.
They do have a Great Warranty. I bought an old pack from a guy I met on the trail. It was full of holes and had a lot of wear, plus it was too small for my torso.
(Another story in itself on how I came to buy it). Any rate I stuck it in the shower, cleaned it up and once it was dry, boxed it up and sent it to the company, along with a note asking for a larger pack. Brand spanking new.

Gorp-Gobbler

I have both.Osprey Atmos 65 AG and the ULA Circuit.Both are great packs.The biggest difference is the weight. To make a comparison I’d say the Osprey wears like a big luxury car with smooth ride while the ULA is more like a sports car made to go fast but you feel the bumps in the road.You couldn’t go wrong either way.

Cutbait

Have an Osprey exos 58. Love it. My go-to for fal, winter, spring. Don’t know much about ULA. But for my section hikes of the AT…I go with Hyper-Lite Cuban fiber.
2pakjack

2pakjack