Other AT section hikers here

I am currently a AT section hiker for the next several years until I can retire from my government job and do a thru hike at age 62. Are there others here who are section hikers? I am slowly working on the next few years to cover davenport at I40 to Atkins, VA. I have already done Roan and Grayson highlands and love both of those areas.

I was a section hiker for a couple decades, having completed from Bennington to Harpers Ferry. Now at age 61 and recently retired from my gov’t job I will be Thru-hiking (with a flip flop) in about 5 weeks.

1 Like

I am also a section hiker, for probably 20 more years…at which point I can retire from my position with my states Dept of Transportation. So far I’ve hiked from Springer to the point where the AT crosses I-40 just below Standing Bear Hostel. I’ve not made much progress yet, due to my children being young, but I hope to have my daughters join me in time and I will encourage them to thru-hike after high school or college if they so desire.

2 Likes

I’ve given up on the idea of Thru-Hiking due to health issues, so I’ll be section hiking. I section hiked a lot of the trail back when I was in the workforce, but now I’m 69, retired, and dealing with spinal stenosis, so my sections will be as far as I’m able to go.