Parking at segment 20 for a week

imported

I’m looking at driving to segment 20 and parking at the Eddiesville Trailhead. I’m planning on hiking for a week until segment 25, then hitching a ride to silverton. I’m wondering if parking for a week will be okay near segment 20. Any suggestions would be great.

2brothers

I think that is probably one of the safest trailheads on the trail. Eddiesville is probably the most remote trailhead on the CT. What might be more problematic is how you,are going to get back there to retrieve your vehicle.

Bearcreek

It is remote and parking is available. Be sure you have high clearance because the water fords were deep last week. I have a Tacoma and had no problem. When do you plan to hitch a ride to Silverton because I might be in the area?

GJPaul

It may well be safe from humans, but our car parked at the Three Forks Trailhead near Platoro Reservoir was ravaged by marmots and not drivable. This is not uncommon at Colorado trailheads at higher elevations. AAA will not come in on a dirt road to rescue either, but the locals helped out.

Virginia Maynard