Pen-Mar Park North into PA

imported

I’m looking for some imput into the section starting at Pen-Mar park near Waynesboro,PA traveling NOBO on the AT. A friend and hiking partner of mine is going to be starting from Pen-Mar in April to attempt his flip-flop of the AT. I live in VA and will be meeting his flight from FL. and taking him to PA. I’m trying to plan hiking 4-5 days with him at the start of his hike.I thought I’d hike north and get a shuttle back to Waynesboro.That being said if anyone can give me an idea of the difficulty in the first 40-60 miles in PA that would be helpful.Also if anyone could recommend at reliable shuttle.

Longstory

This is a great section with few problem areas. Water will be easy to find and only a small amount of rocks and no big climbs. You should be make it on your 5th day to Duncanon Pa if you are average hikers and if you are slow hikers you will make it to Boiling Springs. There is also plenty of re-supply options so you can go light. Last year I caught a shuttle from Duncannon to Harpers Ferry for about a hundred bucks. I called several of the shuttle operators listed on the ATC web page.

Francis