Permits - Tahoe Rim Trail

imported
									Where do you apply for permits to do the whole trail.

_The Hobo_
									Permits are only needed for the Desolation Wilderness section. You can get them at the El Dorado National Forest Ranger Station or Lake Tahoe Visitor Center and a couple other places as well. As of last year they were $5 per person per night. Make sure you do get a permit for that section though, they do check, and it's a pretty hefty fine if you're caught without one. Check out www.tahoerimtrail.org for more info. Happy trails!

_Ducky_
									Are the number of permits limited or can you just show up and expect to get one?

Any bets on how things look for mid july?

_Trail Tromper_
									Why don't you plan on not camping in the Desolation, and not give the govt more money?  The Desolation stretch is really short, and isn't even a true wilderness anyway.  Lake Aloha is just another ugly reservoir anyway.  No need to spend a lot of time there.

_Guino_
									I was under the impression that I needed a permit to enter the Desolation stretch.  Is that not the case?

_Trail Tromper_
									You just need a permit to camp in the desolation wilderness.  It is quite beautiful, I was in a bad mood when I wrote the last entry.  So no permit unless you camp.   THough if you got a free PCT permit at www.pcta.org then it would cover the desolation wilderness too.

_Guino_