Pot Lifter - Appalachian Trail

imported

Looking to replace my pot lifter which is a handle that allows you to clamp ahold of your pot and lift it off the stove. What I’d like is a version which locks and unlocks easily onto the pot. This will help to avoid slips and culinary disasters. My pot is an old Grease Pot (very light) from K-Mart. Anyone have a suggestion?

Woody

Woody,

Campmor sells the “GSI OUTDOORS NFORM POT GRIPPER” for $12.95. About 20 years ago, Campmor sold a cookset for 3 with a 2 qt pot which uses had a gripper like the one you described. I’d send you mine, but I use it when I hike with my brother and son-in-law.

Happy Trails!

Steamer

After I posted my other reply I saw that REI has the “GSI Outdoors DiamondBack Pot Lifter” for $6.95. This looks like a better deal.

Steamer

Steamer-hey there, old buddy. Thanks for the info and suggestion. Do you imagine it would work on my grease pot?

Woody

Also,Steamer, do you know that the GSI Lifter locks down onto the pot or just grips it as long as you are squeezing? I have a Lifter which does that and I’ve still managed to get distracted, loosen my grip a bit, and drop my pot. Clumsy me!

Woody

Woody,

I don’t know about either of the GSI products. I would try the REI one, since it is cheaper and maybe easier for you to purchase. Plus, REI allows you to return a full year after purchase with no questions asked.

Steamer

Steamer, thanks. I’m a REI member so I think I’ll just give them a call after Christmas.

Woody

Steamer…save some weight. drill two small holes in the pot 180 degrees apart and string some picture frame wire between them…kinda like a rope on a bucket. Then use some tin foil for a lid if necessary. :cheers

stealthblew