Resupply between Clewiston and Oviedo

imported

I will start a FT thruhike this January and am currently trying to figure out my resupply strategy. I do not like to do big detours into towns, especially if they involve hitchhiking.
I am planning on hiking the Western corridor around Lake Okeechobee and the Eastern Corridor around Orlando, so my first big resupply town will be Clewiston. Unfortunately, the next decent town for resupply where I hike through is Oviedo - 252 miles along the trail. I am used to doing big miles, but that is a very long stretch.
So what is the recommended way to do resupply in between?
Lorida: Would it be an easy hitch there? I could send a package there.
Kenansville: How difficult is the hitch? Is the store there ok for long term resupply?
Forever Florida: Is it possible to send a resupply package there?
What are your suggestions?
Christine aka German Tourist

German Tourist

Hi Christine,

I am of the option that if you can not find it in our books, give it up. I am getting very little help planning my FT hike.

Bayou

Christine,

I thru-hiked the FT in 07. I think there’s a small country store west on SR 60. Kissimmee Korner Store is the name. Had enough for a limited resupply…maybe less than a half mile walk.

Then mail a resupply to the Christmas PO.32709 The Chuluota PO does not accept deliveries. Be sure to mail a box to the 88 store in Ocala Forest. Limited resupply there and NOTHING between paisley and Starke.

Coach K

Coach K,
thanks for your answer, but I cannot really figure out which store you are talking about. According to the Companion guide you could refer to two:
General Store at the River Ranch Resort (which does not seem to have a name)
or
the small store at Grape Hammock Fish camp (which is 1.7 miles off trail)
Which shop are you referring to?
Christine

German Tourist

There is a book that has all the info you need to plan your hike. No different then any other trail.

There is a store about a mile up the trail from the Rice creek area.

I am located up the road from Goldhead State Park / Camp Blanding. I can not take pkg unless I know exactly when you plan on being here. Because unfortunately I have a life and am gone a lot myself.

There is a store (Ed’s) a half day walk from Camp Blanding.

hammock hanger

I just re-read the above post. It sounds pretty snippy and was not meant to be.

The store just past Rice Creek is on SR100. I do take pkg but I am going on a cruise and will and a hike, so there is a 3 week stretch I can not be available,

There is a store called Ed’s a MILE from the trail on SR100

There is a PO about a 15 miles from Goldhead, and just off the trail a short bit on SR18.

You can contact the Lake Hampton B&B to see if they will take a pkg.

Hammock Hanger