Ride from LT Inn to Jonesville?

imported

My husband and I are ticking off another section of the Long Trail next week. We are a one-car family and so are unable to stash transportation at both ends of the section (Jonesville to Killington area). We’re hiking SoBo and are hoping to stash a car around Killington and hitch/get a ride north to Jonestown.

Are there any trail angels in the area that would be willing to drive us north from Killington late on Sunday evening, 7/11 or early on Monday morning, 7/12?

How is the hitching?

Any tips?

Thanks! - Beetle (and Sunfish)

Beetle

Beetle, as you know this is short notice for getting a ride. Hitching a ride on a Sunday evening would seem difficult. At this point I would not be asking for trail angels, I would find someone that you are willing to pay. Go to the ATC site appalachiantrail.org, find the tab ‘The Trail’ and then go to ‘AT Shuttle List’. There are many people that can shuttle you to where you want to go. Be careful where you park your car, there is always the possibility of vandalism at trail heads all along the trail. If you are parking at the Long Trail Inn, make sure you let them know. I would start calling tonight, not sure of the cost, but would expect at least $2.00 per mile plus a tip. It depends on where the driver is coming from. Good Luck. Bilko aka ‘Canoe Man’

Bilko

Thanks, Bilko! Guess I hadn’t thought this was short notice, we did some hiking out West last year and had been very lucky hitching and getting help from trail angels when we rolled into towns. So your info is a huge help for this new adventure! I’ll definitely will follow up on your tip. Happy trails.

Beetle