Rides to or From the Trail

If I’m free, I’m willing to take anyone to any part of the AT or pick them up. I’ll supply the vehicle and the time, if you supply the gas.
Just wanting to give back to the Trail Community. My hiking days are numbered as I’m dealing with major back issues.
I’m in Columbus, OH.

I am in Madison Indiana and really could use a ride doesn’t matter to what part as I will just hike to the beginning and back track to complete it

Any chance of a ride in mid of june or sooner

I’m waiting to hear from my neurosurgeon concerning cervical vertebrae surgery.
If I haven’t heard anything by May 31st, would you like to leave on June 1st?
An ideal hike would be to leave from Harpers Ferry, go North to Katahdin, come back to HF, and hike to Springer.
I might be able to help you with the trip from Maine back to HF.

I’m retired and have nothing to keep me from going and doing what I want to do.

Sure that sounds great

Are you able to get over to Grove City, OH? I thought if you could, I wouldn’t have to backtrack West to get you, in order to go East to HF.

I dont think there is any way to get up there by you, am sorry

How far are you from Evansville?
There’s a Greyhound out of there that comes to Columbus.
If necessary, I suppose I could come to Madison.

Really dont know this area, I’ll pay for gas and food, so if that is a concern I got this

Looking at Google Maps, it’s just about a 3-hour drive to Madison. I have a 2003 Honda Odessy, so I get pretty good mileage. As stated in my original post, I have the time and the vehicle to transport hikers to or from the trail, I would just like gas money. I live on a fixed income, but want to give back to the trail community by offering this service.
I will pay for my food, that’s not a problem for me.
I don’t want you to be strapped not having enough funds to complete the trail.
Will you be journaling on TrailJournals.com?
Are you ex-military?
Can you provide me a phone number and an address where to pick you up?
I’m hoping I can get you to the trail before my surgery date, I haven’t heard from the surgeon’s office yet as far as a date.

757 232 2562 929 w main st Madison Indiana 47250 still waiting on some on my gear its on back order

I just received a call from my neurosurgeon, surgery is set for July 11th.
Should be no problem getting you over to the trail.
Does the Harpers Ferry to Katahdin, ME sound like a good plan for you?
I was hoping to do the Southern half this year, HF to Springer, but I’ll be in a neck collar for 3 months after my surgery.
I always have next year to look at.
What gear are you needing?

We have (2) REI Stores here in Columbus, they might have what you are needing, plus a good friend of mine has an equipment store.

I ordered tent backpack boots poles just about everything ill need i am going to do the whole trail no matter what the weather is, so just waiting

Wow! That’s quite a bit of equipment to be waiting on.

It will be here didnt realize everyone would be ordering same time as me

I cant find your number

Well let me know ok ty