Section Hike ~ Continental Divide Trail

imported

I’m planning a section hike from Yellowstone to Benchmark. My partner and I have not done a lot of navigating. I’ve done some sections of the CDT with Bear Creek’s maps and a GPS. If you have done this section and are willing to answer some questions, or if you are planning to hike this section going north starting around mid July, I’d like to hear from you. Snapshot

Susie burns

Hey Susie: I actually bought the downloaded SD cards from Bearcreek of Colorado. This makes navigation a no brainer. Of course you might want more of a challenge, but check it out on their site if interested. Wish I could go but my focus is on southern CO which you did last year. Have a great hike.

Marti /Swannee

I also found that you can download maps to your iphone through itunes. Bearcreek web page will lead you to Guthooks CDT maps. There is a fee but I’m willing to pay for that service as I will be carrying a phone and charger anyway. Good luck Snappie.

marti /Swannee

Susie: I will be hiking this section in July and can certainly hike it going north but need to go on to east glacier to wrap up Montana. I also need to do Wolf Creek Pass, Co. to Encampment to finish my triple. My hiking partner will likely hike with me for part or most of it but things are up in the air at the moment due to a family medical matter on her end. I have the bear creek maps and waypoints as well as Leys maps. Please get back to me if interested in discussing this further. Thanks, Buckeye

buckeye

I hiked south from Bozeman (where I live) to the CDT in Yellowstone and then to mid Colorado via the CDT.

I had the Bear Creek Map books and a GPS with waypoints. At the last minute I added Guthook’s CDT app on my iphone–as a novelty.

The only thing I used the entire time was GutHook’s app. I had no navigation problems and doubt that you will have any going northbound from Yellowstone.

Montana