Seeking hiking partner to complete a segment hike of the CT

imported

Outgoing, middle aged and married; started segment hiking the CT this year. Experienced hiker based in Lakewood/Golden. My partner has quit and now looking for someone who is also on a mission to complete the CT by sharing driving,sagging, etc. Have completed 1-5,9,13,14,and first part of 6 and last part of 8. Cheers

Atlas

Picking hiking partners online is not a good idea. Too many factors go into the making of a good partnership. This dynamic is not easily discernible over the net.
If the hiking partner does not meet expectations (physically or mentally) on the trail, what will you do? Be a creep and ditch a person who may need support or endure what might be an awkward relationship every waking moment of your vacation.
One will be much better off hiking alone and meeting people en route. No rule against making a friend along the way.

Stealthblew

What days are you thinking of, I would consider meeting and exchanging cars and hiking opposite direction and exchanging key when we meet again. I live in Grand Junction so some of the higher seg numbers might work. I have 4wd.

GJPaul

I moved to Colorado about 2 years ago and have done the first 1-6 sections or so of the CT (I don’t have the guide with me so I don’t remember what section number I stopped at but the last hike I did was from Breckenridge to Copper Mountain). I would really enjoy meeting other people and doing additional sections, starting in June 2017 hopefully. I’m 34, married, pace of 10-14 miles per day preferred. I live in the Denver area. Please feel free to email me at bpowell1014[at]gmail.com. I have found hiking partners in the past online and it worked out great, contrary to what someone here mentioned.

Brad

GJPaul, I’d be interested in doing some of the “leapfrogging” you mention! I’ve got Spring Creek Pass to Stony Pass in mind, among others.

Nicole