Shuttle from Molas Pass to Spring Creek Pass

imported

Hello, we will be needing a lift from the car park at Molas Pass to Spring Creek on August 4th. Does anyone know how to best organize this? Thanks kindly.

Joy Jackson

That shuttle is one long drive. Shortens the mileage considerably to have a jeep. One consideration would be the jeep rental company(ies) in Silverton who have drivers with commercial licenses, but I bet it would be expensive. Another possibility might be Creede woman, Debbie Wyleski, who’s a willing shuttler (I think without jeep) but her charge might be pricey too.

On Track

Google maps indicates this is a 4 hour shuttle time when driving US 550 from Molas Pass to Durango, taking US 160 over Wolf Creek Pass to Southfork, then CO Hwy 149 to Spring Creek Pass. The time calculated is for driving straight through, no bathroom breaks, etc.

Gummi Bear

I am not aware of any shuttle from Molas. Your best bet might be a car at both ends or to hitch a ride to Silverton and rent a jeep (drive over Cinnamon Pass to Spring Creek and back). Ron :wink:

San Juan Ron

Here is how my husband and I managed this same problem. We left our car at Spring Creek Pass and hiked to Molas Pass. It was a rather easy hitch into Silverton. We spent the night in Silverton and picked up our reserved jeep first thing the next morning. We both enjoyed the great jeep ride to the Lake City area. Then we went off the official jeep route set by the jeep company and drove to Spring Creek Pass. I drove our car back to Silverton on the long route on SR149 and US50 to Montrose and US550 to Silverton. My husband had another great jeep ride on the loop back to Silverton. We both arrived about 5pm. It is an expensive solution, but it worked for us.

Turtle Walking