Shuttle to northern trailhead

imported

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help me here who knows or has used a shuttle service from Page to the trailhead. Before I go phoning blindly (I am in NZ) and the web has not been much use, any help would be much appreciated. Leaving around 15th Sept.

Thanks again

hurricane

Have you tried this site: http://www.aztrail.org/thru-hikers.html#shuttles

Garlic

Yes I have already tried emailing the organization listed on the aztrail website numerous times, but no response.

hurricane

Now I’m curious. I’ll try giving those guys a call later today and I’ll let you know. I can call there for free. We’ll update the AZT website if it’s a bust.

For what it’s worth, it’s probably not too bad a hitch out there. The Stateline Trailhead is very close to some other very popular trailheads and the paved road sees quite a bit of traffic.

Garlic

I just spoke to Tyler at National Park Tourz. He says a shuttle from Page will cost about $US 160. He’s based out of Kanab, UT. Contact him directly at tyler “at” nationalparktours “dot” com.

Garlic

Another service is Betty Price, (928-355-2252). We’ve used her and were quite pleased. BLM posts the following on the website for Paria Canyon, in the vicinity of the Stateline TH.

Circle Tours - Kyle Walker, PO Box 3681, Page, AZ 86040, (928) 691-0166
End of the Trail Shuttles - Betty Price, PO Box 6135, Marble Canyon, AZ 86036, (928) 355-2252-Shuttles
Paria Outpost - Susan and Stephen Dodson, PO Box 410075, Big Water, UT 84741, (928) 691-1047-Shuttles

Shawn

The area code is 928. Add a closing parenthesis and you get the sunglasses-wearing smiley. Alas, Steve Jobs was not the founder of TrailForums.

blisterfree

The AZT website was just updated today with the above information. Thanks, Shawn. Love those cool smiley dudes.

Garlic

Thanks guys for all your efforts. I will start making some calls tomorrow.

hurricane

I’m starting my thru-hike on Oct 1st, flying into Page. Below are the prices I was quoted to get from Page to the trailhead.

Kyle @ Circle Tours: $200
National Park Tourz: $160
Betty Price: $150
(Dodson’s weren’t available for Oct 1st)

I was hoping to get to the trailhead for about half as much, so I’m gonna hitch from the airport.

Fall-Risk

Fall-risk,

How did your hitch to the n AZT trailhead go back in 2011. I’m thinking of hitching in Sep.

Rick “handlebar” Ostheimer