Sonora Pass in mid June?

imported

We have been receiving resupply bookings from hikers who expect to be at Sonora Pass in mid June. Does this seem realistic this year? Is this when we should expect the rush going northbound?

Casey

Sonora Pass Resupply

Realistic? Time will tell… However, this is yet another very low snow year and numerous thrus are starting quite early with anticipated Sierra ‘entry’ at KM May 24 (or even earlier) to June 2 - so mid June at Sonora Pass does seem somewhat reasonable - but I would anticipate at least some of those mid June bookings to be slightly late of their anticipated schedule, whereas the ‘peak’, or “rush”, of hikers would be slightly later (but note that in low snow years the ‘herd’ does naturally spread out fairly early, whereas in high snow years it stays more consolidated & concentrated until at least after the Sierra)…
In your dealings with those booked, emphasize needing to contact you ‘early’ if the hiker knows they will definitely be late to their original Sonora Pass ETA (which they ‘should’ know better once on the trail and heading N how they are doing against their ‘planned’ itinerary), in addition to then later calling/contacting you from Tuolumne Meadows with a more definite ETA…
Though I am not booking with you (at least at the moment), I hope to see you at Sonora Pass and wish you well in this endeavor - I ‘plan’ to hit there June 13th(!), but “time will tell”, “wait & see”! :smiley: Happy trails!!!

Jim (PITA)

Don’t count on it! Right now though it looks like we will be up there pretty much every day during mid June. Not that I want to mess up anyones plans, but, I am hoping for as much snow as we can get in April. The community water company here that serves 4,500 homes announced that we will have to bring water in by truck in less than 90 days as it now stands. The forecast high temp. for today here in the foothills just west of Yosemite is 92 f. Just another day in a series of recordbreaking days.

Sonora Pass Resupply