Sonora Pass Resupply

imported

We are excited to announce that we will be permitted to transfer resupply packages directly to hikers at Sonora Pass Trailhead. This is the midway point in the 152 mile section between Toulumne Meadows (Yosemite) and Echo Lake (South Lake Tahoe). Add-on items, everything from tweezers, stove fuel, to a replacement backpack will be available by order. We will also be able to receive bear canisters for mailing home.

We will be operating by Special Use Permit from the U.S. Forest Service.

Casey
Sonora Pass Resupply

casey

I read about this a week to two weeks ago on some other forums - along with a promise for a website “in a few days”… Is this service a definite reality or are you just still putting out feelers to see how much response you get?

If it’s a definite go, then get your website up & running providing full explanations of all your services & the associated costs - then hit all the forums & Facebook pages with a link to your webpage along with a short intro as used above.

I will be waiting & watching for your website announcement! :wink: Happy trails!!!

Jim (PITA)

Jim

We will be up and operating this season. We did not post any “feelers” Nothing was posted until we had Forest Service approval to do so. The site is up even though it is still incomplete at www.sonorapassresupply.com More information is on the way. The contact email address and the phone number are active. If you are running short of time contact me directly with any questions you may have.

It has taken months to get Forest Service approval, until about two weeks ago we didn’t know if we would be able to operate at all, much less this season. It takes more than a couple of days to launch a business from concept to active. Wish we had been able to start earlier in the season.

Over the years I’ve spent a lot more time in the back country than in front of a computer. The result is I have limited computer skills and virtually no experience with social media, This leaves me depending on others and subject to their schedules.

casey

Thanks, Casey.
I’m seriously considering using Sonora Pass Resupply, but I still have plenty of time to decide…
Great start on the website - keep after your people to finish up the “Orders” page because I’m going to post your home page URL to some of the forums & Facebook pages. :wink:

You should move to Twain Harte from Coulterville! - just kidding - but it’s a thought (it would certainly shorten your driving time to & from Sonora Pass!!)…

Take care! Happy trails!!!

Jim (PITA)

Jim

Any help getting the word out would be greatly appreciated!

We are hoping to have resupplies scheduled for consecutive days and overnighting somewhere nearby. This allows ample time for some really nice dayhikes before and after meetings. Twain Harte is nice, but, our wintertime business is in Yosemite. Lived in Groveland for 20 years and moved to Coulterville to get out of the snow.

Hope to meet you out there!

Casey
Sonora Pass Resupply

casey