Stratton to camels hump

imported

I am planning a trip starting at stratton mountain here in the near future, and i was hoping to get some ideas about how long it would take to get from stratton to camels hump. then once there, where would be the place to get out to and a nearby airport to fly back to texas. The other option i was considering was heading south toward new york, but from what i can understand i would be missing out on some of the better sites of Vermont. If this is not necessarily the case, i would ask the same question for this route.
Thanks

nick

Last year I did Stratton to Camels Hump in 14 days including a nero in Manchester Center. I don’t know about transportation at the Stratton end as I had started at the MA/VT line. At the Camels Hump end (specifically Jonesville), you are relatively close to Montpelier which has AMTRAC and Burlington which has a real airport.

If it works into your schedule, Inn at Long Trail is a great place to spend the night. It would be about the 1/2 way point of your trip.

Great views from Stratton, Killington, and many spots between Appalachian Gap and Camels Hump.

D6