Swimming between rt4&rt15

imported

does anybody know of swimming spots between rt4 and rt15,its approximately 100 mi but any help is appreciated.ill be hiking in summer so anything not loaded with lily pads would be helpful.

unk

Most of my familiarity is with areas to toward the north.
Most of the good swimming spots are not on the trail but several are well worth a side trip if its hot out.
Once you get over Camel’s Hump and down to River Rd. on the Winooski river, you can head west to Dugway Rd. then left again to get to the infamous Huntington Gorge. Awesome swiming hole on the Huntington River but be careful of the upper falls where many have drowned. Well worth a look and its on the way over to Richmond which s a nice little town with everything you need. I used to live there in the 70’s.
There is also the Bolton Pot Holes on Joiner Brook which is on the north side of Rt.2 on the Bolton Ski Lodge access Rd. Also a very beautiful swimming hole.
Between there and Smugglers Notch (Rt 108) I know of no other swimming holes near the trail.
Once you get to 108 there is a swimming hole on the left heading toward Stowe called Bingham Falls. Icredibly cold water and a big waterfall that spills into a clear basin.
Interesting rock formations above. THis is a popular summer spot for tourists but its rarely crowded.
People swim up at Sterling Pond though its probably more of that lily pad thing you mentioned. Good trout fishing there though.
Heading down to Rt 15 north of Bear Hollow shelter there is a nice stream on the left where there are some nice holes where you can get wet.

Rabbit Beard