Thru Hike AZT End of March

imported

Hello. Got some time off and am going to NoBo a thru hike of the AZT. I haven’t bought my plane ticket to Tucson yet. Anybody interested in giving a ride to the terminus sometime between March 28 to March 31st? Also, I would love to hear any advice that one might have. Any must have permits besides the GC or Saguro NP. I do have thru hike experience (AT, CT). Am reading up on the guide book. Trying to make a loose plan to schedule. Thank you. blotter.

blotter

I have a ride to the border March 24 (morning) so if you are able to get to Tucson by 23 March let me know.
-EP

EnviroPyro

Thank you for the offer. My flight lands in Tucson on March 29th at 10 am. Still looking for a ride if anyone can help. I had to buy that flight before they got outrageously expensive. Willing to reasonably compensate for a ride.

Blotter

Blotter

Blotter,
You might want to try searching the birding forums for Southern Arizona or possibly the Audobon Society of Tucson and see if they have any trips running that weekend. Lots of birders visit the Ramsey Canyon area which isn’t too far.

EnviroPyro

sounds like all is going great for you, im glad to hear. i have been reading and seems cool except for the toe issues. i am eager to see more pics too. enjoy and be safe. by the way, i am a bit jealous. having nothing to do, but walk, think and see the country at your own pace seems very enjoyable.

bryan