Trail Magic - Appalachian Trail

imported

Hi All. Looking to be able to provide some TM somewhere in CT through NH area. Thoughts on where a good area could be and a time frame? Plus, what would be nice drinks and/or food to provide that the hikers would enjoy? I have a feeling it is still a little too early for individuals who started South and the North to South hikers have yet to start (I think). Any help and thoughts would be great as I plan.

MichelleMA

Your looking at late July thru early Aug. That’s when it will b really busy. Pizza, beer, soda, hot dogs, anything!

Terodactyle

Anything that doesn’t require a hiker to tear open an envelope and add hot water, :lol. Didn’t make it that far, so I don’t know about the Time Frame, but July-August sounds about right to me also.

Gorp-Gobbler

Route 9 in Vermont near Bennington would be a great place for TM. There are large parking lots on both the south and north sides of the road. The nearest town is several miles and I would agree that mid July to mid august would catch the bubble of hikers. Another great spot might be route 4 trail access in Killington because of the large parking area.

Marti /Swannee

Pie is good…real good. I like diet coke. A great place is where the AT crosses the White River. Back a few years ago there was a store there but no more. About the third week of July would be best.

Francis

I’ve found they appreciate home baked goods, fresh fruit, chocolate milk, lemonade and the things mentioned above.

Socks

Thanks for everyone’s feedback! Looking forward to July!!

MichelleMA

Hi All,

Just seeking any new feedback about where there are great places to pass along some trail magic (in VT, NH or ME). So far I have:

• Route 9 in Vermont near Bennington
  • Where AT crosses the White River
  • Route 4 trail access in Killington

Think I have an idea of what I’ll be bringing and when I’ll be going next month. Thank you in advance for feedback!

MichelleMA