Transportation from Durango to Silverton?

imported

I would like to join a friend of mine who will meet me in Durango after I finish my hike and together we would like to take the narrow gauge train in Silverton. Is there any transportation between Durango and Silverton?

Julio

Likewise, I would like to meet with my friend in Silverton to take the narrow gauge train. If he arrived in Denver, how can he get directly to Silverton? Any direct transportation?
Thank you
Julio

Julio

If you are riding the train from Durango to Silverton, there is a bus that can take you back to Durango if you choose to NOT ride the train back. I believe you have to reserve a seat in advance. We have always dropped a car off the night before when we have ridden the train. Go online and go to http://www.durangotrain.com/ and read through the website. There is also a phone number there on the website you can call to ask them questions about the services they provide. I googled the site but did not find any immediate answers. You should call. They know the scoop. The train is a great ride one way. Both ways is a little much for me personally. I cant sit still for that long.

Stephen

You might have your friend just fly into Durango, or Albuquerque and rent a car and drive up 550 into DRO to meet you. It would probably be easier to do that than try to arrange public transportation between Denver and DRO. The reason I suggest ABQ is that you could fly in there cheaper at a moments notice than DRO and it’s only about a 3 1/2 hour drive vs 6 1/2 from Denver. If you have a definite date set as to when you will be arriving in Durango, your friend could fly in there affordably with an advance fare. But without concrete numbers, I am just throwing up vague suggestions.

stephen

There are daily buses from Durango to Denver via Road Runner Transit connecting to Greyhound in Grand Junction.

Bearcreek