Twin Lakes CO Post Office Closing

imported

That’s right - the post office in Twin Lakes CO is closing June 06.

Contact the General Store at 719-486-2196 regarding how to send resupply packages there

Wandering Bob

The following by the new owner of the general store clarifies things (copied from WhiteBlaze CDT subforum):

“To Whom It May Concern, I’d like to help update CDT news in CO. We are the Twin Lakes General Store (new owners). My wife and I are enthusiastic about hikers visiting! We have multiple food choices, ice cream, backpacking meals, supplies, jet boil gas, three cabins- only one for sure this summer to be available $30/one room. Changing: the post office will likely be converted to mailbox units. We will pick up mail sent to us (that will be temporarily diverted 26 miles away from us) after June 6th- we are no longer a full service post office or correct address… IMPORTANT: Mail your packages to us and we’ll do our damn’dest to keep yours with the others we have gathered. We’ll strive to sell/supply/service your needs. We know the route delivery contractor and postmaster, and they know us. Send your essentials to: Twin Lakes General Store, Carl & Katie Bryan 6451 e hwy 82 Twin Lakes, CO 81251 We don’t have showers, but would like to host backpackers. The bad news: our bath house is out of service until we can get a plumber. National Forest visitor center and bathrooms are just across the highway though. Please share this, visit our website, facebook, email or call if you must: www.twinlakesgs.com info@twinlakesgs.com 719-486-2196 Looking forward to it! Regards, Carl & Katie Twin Lakes General Store www.twinlakesgs.com 719-486-2196.”

Wandering Bob