Worthington's Bakery

imported

Does anyone know the status of the old Worthington Bakery? I understand that the son of the owner was thinking of reopening the store. Did he? I will be on the trail after the holiday and wanted to stop in.

Walking W

Walking W,
Worthingtons Bakery is finally re-opened. It’s not as much a bakery as it used to be. It’s now more of a coffee shop/Deli and it’s called Joe to go .or something like that. I was their last week and it has been cleanned up quite nicely. The fella running it was very friendly and said he was looking forward to seeing the hikers…lets hope the place does well,it’s sure in a pretty critical spot…Happy Trails!..D

The Desperado

Where is Worthington’s Bakery?

FrogLog

Culvers Gap, NJ on the AT, or a couple miles from Branchville NJ, 28 trail miles north of Delware Water Gap

A-Train

I hope they are still making their cinnamon buns. One of my favorite childhood memories is getting up early on a vaction morning, walking the mile down to the bakery to get cinnamon buns. Unfortunately, the rest of the family thought I should share.

Splat!

HI,
I 'M Karl Worthington’s wife and I wanted to update you on Worthington’s Bakery.
Karl was the Grandson of the original founders. He took over after his Mom and Dad Passed but it was difficult to maintain as a small business especially by himself.
He sold and it became a deli and moved to TN and married me.
Thank you so much for asking.
He actually baked buns this morning as a Christmas present for my work family.
Merry Christmas 2020

1 Like

I recently saw this post from cworthington. I wanted to say that my grandparents farm is at the opposite end of Upper N. Shore Culver Lake Road, at the corner of County Rt 519. I have tons of childhood memories of going to Worthington’s bakery for the cinnamon rolls in the 1990s. There is actually no other in the world like them. I now own Wagon Wheel Farm (http://wagonwheelfarmny.com) and we sell baked goods at the farm stand, but won’t even try to make cinnamon rolls … ! My cousin is moving to TN and when we head that way to visit, I would actually pay a premium for a batch of those!!! Thanks for the memories!

We will be up for the fourth of July…hopefully we can stop by the farm!
Thank you for the compliments!!

Hello Carol,
Would you mind sharing the recipe of the famed sticky buns? I grew up on Culver Lake at my family’s summer cabin and every Sunday after church my Grandfather would buy a nice big bag of the delicious sticky buns for the entire family to share. It is a fond memory and if I can’t buy them, the next best thing would be to try to bake them myself to share with my siblings. My phone number is 610-844-4606 and my email address is robert.emmet.campbell@gmail.com.
Thanks a bunch,
Robbie Campbell - East Shore Culver Lake

I’m planning a trip over there, what so special about the bakery?